Pages

zaterdag 25 februari 2012

Going to university.


After one year and a few months I have finally decided what I really want to do right now. For a whole time I have been doubting and changing my mind about what I really wanted to do. After picking a wrong study and trying to find a job (I never got one because my heart wasn't in it and I didn't put any effort in it) I decided to go back to school. University to be more precise. I have been thinking a while about going back to school, but I was afraid of the workload, that I have to give things up I don't want to give up and the costs of it. Talking to someone has made me realize that life is way too short to doubt a lot, and that I have to take risk and work hard if I want something in life. So Thursday I talked to my parents and they were okay with in, but warned me that I had to pay for my study myself (or the most of it) because they can't. Right now I get money because I am looking for a job and I am going to safe every last cent of it for school.

Of course I had to pick a study that isn't easy, but it really seems very interesting! Language and Literature (It's a free translation, so it could be wrong!) in Antwerp. Very close to home, so I don't need a room. I have to pick two languages, and I will be going for Dutch and English, since those two seems the most interesting. If I could, I might have considered French, but you need a bit of knowledge for it to be able to start it, and I suck at French.

I know I will have to work very hard, but I will make it. I will have that Master in a few years so my family and my boyfriend will be proud of me and so I can be proud on myself.

If someone wants to share their experience about the study, or about the University of Antwerp, please feel free!  

1 opmerking:

  1. Excellent choice! However, you definitely shouldn't underestimate it, it's extremely interesting but also quite hard (at least in Leuven it is, I don't know about Antwerp).

    I personally really enjoy the literary courses, whereas linguistics is quite boring. As for Dutch, language proficiency is one of my absolute favourite courses.

    My main advice is to study throughout the semester, or at least read and mark your text books thoroughly. Don't make your 'blok' the first time you pick up your books. I made that mistake in my first year and had to redo five of my ten courses.

    And good luck of course, if you have any more questions, you know where to find me ^^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen