Pages

maandag 6 februari 2012

Small War Horse review + talk about horses


A few days ago I went to the theatre to see War Horse, a film by Steven Spielberg based on the novel War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. It's written for children, but the film is defiantly not fir for children.



I was really surprised that the film was so harsh and cruel. The book isn't that hard in my opinion.
I cried a lot during the film and I don't think I ever want to see the film again, even thought it was very very good and touching. I hope the film gets rewarded with an oscar, it really deserves it.
Besides the very harsh subject, there was room for some humor in it. It came on some very unexpected moments and that made it even better. It was supposed to be a Christmas film, but it came out pretty late here in Belgium and you really get a bit of Christmas feeling while watching it( or at least, I did.)


What I hope is that when people watch this film, they realise how much horses have done for men. Now they are pets. We keep them because we ride them as hobby. While a lot of people try to give them a horse worthy life, a lot don't bother about it. I hate people who keep their horses in a too small stable 23 hours a day. I would never ever do that, expect if it's needed for a medical problem. Horses deserved a good life shared with friends and enough food and water. Their ancestors brought men to battle. To the danger, while horses normally run away from danger. In those battles they died beside men or won victories with them. Isn't that brave? They worked for us, so we could have food. They transported us through the cities so we didn't have to walk. They provided us with food. They pulled our cannons, while they were way to heavy for them to pull. How noble is that? How brave is that? And still loads and loads of horses are being neglected and abused.

In my opinion, there is no truer friend to men then a horse, no braver and more noble animal then a horse.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten