Pages

maandag 23 mei 2011

Priest + PotC 4

This weekend I've seen two movies in the theater: Priest and Pirate of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Priest


Priest is an action/Science fiction movie. Normally I don't like the genre, but I really enjoyed this movie.

I can describe Priest with 5 words: The Matrix meets Resident Evil.
You see a lot of matrix like moves and the plot makes me think a lot about Resident Evil. Instead of zombies you get Vampires (who look like zombies).
If you like a movie with a deeper and convincing plot, don't go and see this one. The story begins nice,  but as it evolves it is pretty lame. We saw it all before. Some scenes really reminded me of other movies (not going to say witch onces, since it might spoil a bit).

I can't say I didn't enjoyed it though... it wasn't boring, the effects were pretty nice and the combat scenes were very cool. Of course there had to be romance but it was a bit flat in my opinion.
Overall: a good movie if you just want to see some hack & slash.

I saw the movie in 3D, but it wasn't worth it.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Well it's the 4th movie of the saga and well... the story was pretty lame. I liked the atmosphere, the acting, the humor and the decors but the story wasn't that good. But hey, Johnny Depp as "Capitan" Jack Sparrow is already enough to go and see the movie!

I don't think I will rent or buy this movie when it comes on dvd, because I liked the movies with Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley a lot better. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten