Pages

maandag 23 januari 2012

Small book update


I really have to read a bit more. I have 16 unread books on my bookshelves and there are 3 more on it's way, so that is 19 books! Well at least I cannot complain that I don't have anything to read!

The last two books I've read are Dracula by Bram Stoker and War Horse by Michael Morpurgo.

I have read Dracula a long time ago and I decided to read it again, in English this time. I really like the journal style and the characters. I love the story, best vampire story ever but what I dislike is that the characters befriend each other so annoyingly quick. In a matter of minutes they become best friends and they will give their life for one another and it is really hard to comprehend that. And more than once it annoyed me. Another thing that I hated was that the men looked at the women as weak and easily scared. I know it's an old story, but still.

I absolutely loved War Horse. It is a very good book. Some of the characters are a bit shallow and the way the horses think is just terrible wrong, but well, old story and I think it will be very hard to write a story from a horse's point of view if you make the horse think like horses actually think. What I enjoyed the most about the books is that you see the war through the eyes of a horse. It's a really entertaining and relaxing story, but there are some emotional moments in it. The funniest thing is that Joey, the horse who tells the story, looks almost exactly as my horse!



Right now I am reading A Clash of Kings, the second book of George R.R. Martins Song of Ice and Fire series. I am really enjoying it book and I'm really curious how it is going to end. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten