Pages

donderdag 17 januari 2013

Fight Like A Girl

Today I finally found the new CD of Emilie Autumn, Fight Like A Girl, or in short, FLAG. I wasn't quite sure what I had to expect, for Emilie Autumn is very unpredictable. I both love Enchant and Opheliac and I can say I like FLAG a lot as well, but in my opinion, Opheliac is still the her best work. FLAG sound a bit like joke, because it's so full of sarcasm and the different styles of songs, which do not seem to match together, are spread all over the album, but it works.

Emilie Autumn will never be my favourite vocalist, but I adore her lyrics. What annoys me about FLAG is that it puts ever male human in a bad light, while there are plenty of lovely men on earth and there are some monsters of women on it as well. I do understand that 'hatred' of men is a part of her story, but she exaggerates. What is absolutely brilliant is the different voices she has done on the CD. I really enjoyed that!  If she is to return to Belgium I will probably go and see her again, since it has been a while and I love her show. I'm not going to go in detail about the CD since I just listened it once. Just a quick opinion should suffice.

This is my favourite song from the CD: 




For those we don't know: she has recorded a video for the the title song of the album (Fight Like A Girl) and I'm really curious how it will turn out!

1 opmerking:

  1. I don't think she hates men. As you said, it's very sarcastic and actually a big joke. You should take her lyrics with a big grain of salt, and that includes the parts that might seem misandric at first sight.
    Other than that, I feel pretty much the same about FLAG: fun(ny), couple of cool songs, great lyrics, not the best vocals and not as good as Opheliac or Enchant.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen