Pages

woensdag 19 januari 2011

Age of Five

And another blog! 5th one this month already… It’s going well!
Yesterday night I finished the Age of Five trilogy by Trudi Canavan and I was so surprised how it ended. 
I really love Canavan her writing style. She makes you see the story from a lot of sides and it makes it really hard to despite a character because in some way they are all right. Except Nekaun… he sucks big time…
The subject around which the story is woven, didn’t interested me, but because het Magicians Apprentice was so good, I decided to give it a try and I’m happy I did. The story reflects a lot that is happing or had happened to us, to the world.
Very quick and without spoiling anything, this is the main storyline:  There are 3 major religions: The Circlians, the Pentadrian and the Dreamweavers.  The Circlians are committed to 5 gods as are the Pentadrians and the Dreamweavers don’t like the gods and some even loathe them.
The Circlians believe that there 5 gods are the only gods left and that the gods of the Pentadrians are fake. The Pentadrians thing the same but the other way around. Of course they hate another…
The Dreamweaver however, are neutral.  Then you have a 4th group, called the Wilds or the Immortals and the gods hate them because they are Immortal.
You see the story from the eyes of four characters (okay, sometimes there is a piece in between that you see the world from the eyes of a unimportant person) and that makes it so hard to pick a side, until the middle of the last book.
Religion sucks, but without it, we wouldn’t be what we are now. The world would e very different and who knows if it’s would be for the better or for worse? No one can.

Another matter that I want to share in my blog today is that I’m going to start horse riding again. I’m really looking forward to it, but I’m a bit nervous. I’m sure I will make a complete fool of myself since I’ll probably get a big horse (I prefer big ponies or smaller horses) and I won’t be able to get on it… You need to get on it with one fluent movement, you can’t pull to hard at the saddle, because it will move then and the horse won’t like it…
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten