Pages

vrijdag 7 december 2012

Still feels like the first day of my life.

I can't believe that tow days have past already. Time flies by so incredible fast.

Two days ago I went to the concert of The Rasmus. I looked forward to it for months. I love this band so much and they meant so much to me when I was growing up. They were the only ones that were actually always there for me. I just have to press a button and I could hear them. They can brighten up my darkest day.








We arrived first at the venue. it was about half past nine. The tour bus was already there. We were there about ten minutes when two German girls arrived. they were really friendly. Apparently they were doing the whole tour except Russia. I was quite jealous since I'd love to that as well if I had the money and time. I think it's a very cool experience! We were really glad that we could didn't have to sit outside the whole day because the weather was horrible. Lauri (the singer) was glad we didn't have to wait in the rain and snow all day long!

We managed to give them our feathery art (Lauri was surprised that we made it for them.. like why else will I drag it all the way to the venue?) and I think they really liked it because they posted a pic of it on their facebook page! We had a picture with them and if you look very closely, you can see that Lauri is standing on his toes so he doesn't look so small! They were so incredibly sweet! And deep inside I knew that it was going to be a great day!



 I was a bit afraid to go to the club itself, since we had to do some stairs and from experience I know how horrible pushy Belgium people can be! When the doors opened, I was the first one to climb the stairs. When I looked behind me I noticed no one else was allowed through until the pushing stopped. While I rushed upstairs and almost threw my ticket at the person checking it, it was not necessary since I easily secured my place in the middle.

The support act was very good! I had heard one song of the Dirty Youth on youtube and I really liked it but live they were even better! There was a lot of energy in their performance and I enjoyed myself. Not once I wished it would end soon.
I do think that they have great potential and when they come back I might go watch them again!





Then after await of about 11 hours it was finally time for The Rasmus. They were amazing. they played a lot song of their famous Dead Letters albums. Every one was singing along! With the second last song, Mysteria, a lot less people were singing along, even thought the lyrics were rather easy. I had the feeling not much people liked or knew the song.




I always like an acoustic set in the show. Before they started to play It's Your Night acoustic, Lauri told us that he went looking for waffles (Belgium speciality) for about three hours but that they couldn't find them. Obviously they were looking in the wrong part of the city. After the gig we offered to help find them waffles if they were still in town the next day but unfortunately they had to be at the airport at six in the morning to leave for Russia and Lauri didn't liked the thought of waffles as breakfast.


It was an amazing day. Finally, after being a fan for about 8 years, I managed to thank them personally for making music. I really liked that they made time for their fans and I wonder if they know how much they mean to their fans. As memories of that incredible day I have a drumstick (My BF caught it for me... I love it that he is so tall), my Finnish flag got signed by Pauli and Lauri and a new, beautiful T-shirt. Now I have 4 The Rasmus shirt! Wish they sold sweaters though and a lot of picture!  Can't wait to see them again!














Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten