Pages

donderdag 21 juli 2011

End of and Era

This took me so long to write.

An Era ended last week and I felt so terrible after I watched the movie. I cried an ocean during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I must say I love and hate that movie. It's a great ending but it hurts a lot. I remember lying in bed, looking at my fiance and just starting to cry because it was over. A piece of me died with Snape and when the credits appeared on the screen.

I've grew up with Harry and his friends. I defended the Philosopher's Stone, saved Ginny from the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secret, freed the Prisoner of Azkaban. My name came out of the Goblet of Fire and I fought along side the Order of the Phoenix. I admired and learned from the Halfblood Prince and I helped destroying the Horcruxed, watched Voldemort being defeated and mastered the Deathly Hallows.

For over ten years I've been at Harry's side, in good and bad times and now his adventured have ended. It hurts so much. Harry Potter wasn't just a book, it wasn't just a movie it has been a huge part of my life for ten year. And that decade flew by as it was only a month.

I have some very big regrets about the ten year. Never in those ten years I camped outside Waterstones to get my book nor did I face the wrath of nature to scream at the actors at the world premiere. The only thing I did was sending fan mail to Dan and getting a standard letter and a signed picture back.

It's really hard to grasp. I know Harry Potter will always be there, as does Hogwarts. It's immortalized on paper and the story and it's characters will always live in my heart, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Today it's 21 july 2011 which means the last book, the end of the story, has been out for four years. What happened with those four years? Where did they go? It seems it was only yesterday when I opened Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, wondering what would happen and how it would end, and read the very first word of the book. I didn't stop reading until "All was well" and I cried so much. I cried because Rowling killed all my favorite characters, I cried because Snape had deserved so much more then a cold dead at the hands of Voldemort, I cried because I hated the epilogue and I cried because I would never ever wonder what would happen in the next Harry Potter.

I never thought a story would affect me so much, but it did and it will be forever in my heart. I doubt there will be another story that would be so exciting, so full of love, friendship, happiness, so full of pain, sorrow, agony and heartbreaking moments.  I doubt any fictional character will touch me so deep as Snape did and will be so brave as Harry. This series was so special for me, it is my childhood and a part of my life. A part of who I am.

I hope that I will have the luck to meet Rowling and thank her on how she influenced my life. I will have a tattoo of this part of my life sometimes, hopefully very soon. It will be a patronus Doe with the words Always, because of Snape and because Hogwarts will always welcome us back home.

Snape is our Prince, Ron our King, Harry our knight and Rowling our Goddess.


This song describes how I felt and sometimes still feel, because it's all over.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten